Monday, December 03, 2007

bad news sinking in slowly and surely

i'm trying to keep myself busy. dapat nag-aaral na ako for the retake. but sometimes, i just can't help but think how unfair life can be to me. i know, i know. i'm not one to say things like that. i'm strong, i know i am.

i keep saying regrets don't have a place in my heart. but if there's one thing i regret, that is taking too long in college. although i am extremely grateful and i couldn't have been the person i am today if not for all my experiences over the years, finishing college on time wouldn't have been bad, either, right? anyway...

i'm used to making things happen for myself. growing up in a family that just had enough, i had to content myself with whatever is given to me. but i am a dreamer. and i am a go-getter. and when i want something, i focus. although sometimes it takes me a loooong time to finally get things, at least i still do. and i'm damn proud of that.

my batch mates and i, with all the support from family and friends, prepared for the board exams. countless sleepless nights, costly meals and fare were spent over the past months. november 17 and 18 came and left us all with hyped up anxiety. 2 out of 3 subjects were unbelievably hard and there were problems with no answers (so gudlak na lang kung anong pipiliin mong sagot). the 2nd subject, hydraulics and geotechnical engineering, was easy for everybody (except for me as i never really got to study that field). 'yun na nga lang ang pa-consuelo. tapos 'yun pa ang isasama sa retake.

anyway, this "retake," at least in my case, serves as another blow to me and to any other young man/woman who's trying to find a spot in this dog-eat-dog world. PRC has done it again! let it be known that i, will never be like the "professionals" working in the commission.

this is getting depressing. so i'm turning this blog around.

a special shoutout to the peeps of 1645! Elijah Bringas (UST), Abbah Ruedas (AdU) & Marco Paolo Roque (UPd)! Woohoo! the best!

another special shoutout to my Burger King and Starbucks study group! Maffy, Eli & Denise!

No comments: