Tuesday, December 13, 2005

www.bayangbarrios.com

I dint really know anything about Bayang Barrios until a couple of minutes ago. I decided to surf here at the university library while waiting for my next class (which is due after 3 more hours) and voila! I got her website. Really inspired by the song "Isipin Mo Na Lang" which turns out to be by Mike Villegas, Bayang's musician-husband (don't you just love it when you see couples into the same passion?). Tried searching for the lyrics but unsuccessful. Anyway, maybe I ought to get myself a Bayang collection. My christmas wish list already has one item on it: a CD of Bayang with the song, "Isipin Mo Na Lang."


Bayang Barrios and husband Mike Villegas have literally produced lots and lots of good quality music. Sila pala ang mga tao sa likod ng nakatitindig-balahibong soundtrack ng Encantadia. Go Pinoy Power!

What's more, they perform regularly at the Conspiracy Cafe along Visayas Avenue. FYI, before the place became known as it is now, it was named Frederico's. It used to be owned by a relative of a choirmate. We even had a christmas party there a couple of years ago. True pinoy artists and AKAP (a support group for folks with autistic children), I think, are regular hosts to great shows in the place. But enough about that, really.

So happy I have another inspiration in music. I just hope more and more artists like Bayang and Mike become recognized internationally as music icons.

No comments: